This scholarship is intended for outstanding students from the EU/EEA and Switzerland who wish to pursue a master’s program at the University of Helsinki.
Eligibility for Scholarship
All applicants must meet the following conditions:
• You are eligible for a Master’s program at the University of Helsinki.
• You will have to pay for tuition fees: Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries who do not have a residence status in the EU/EEA will have to pay for tuition fees.
• You fulfill the conditions for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for Finland.
• You have achieved good results in previous studies and can demonstrate this in your application.
Scholarships will be awarded to new students on the basis of a general academic evaluation:
previous academic performance and a possible letter of motivation, in addition to which will be taken into account the reasons presented by the candidates in their academic application . The purpose of the university and the program can also be taken into account.
Each scholarship program can offer scholarships covering 50% or 100% of tuition fees. Finnish tuition with 100% refund includes:
• Student union fee (HYY) including o student meal discount at Unicafe restaurant or public transport fee o Cheap Unisport services.
• Free or expensive healthcare services from the Finnish Student Health Services (FSHS)
Application for scholarship
How to apply for a scholarship:
Find the master’s program you want to apply to from the master’s program page Review the instructions for applying for a master’s program and prepare the necessary supplements.
Apply for scholarships with the same application form as for applying for master’s programs.Submit all required attachments. You cannot apply for scholarships through one form, but you can provide additional information as part of your scholarship application.