The Faculty of Biosciences, Fisheries and Economics offers a PhD in Arctic zooplankton diversity related to functional behavior. The position is linked to the Department of Arctic and Marine Biology and the research group Arctic Marine System Ecology.The position is four years. The enrollment period of the doctoral program is three years.
PHD fellowship Eligibility
Master’s degree or equivalent in biology, marine biology, marine biology, marine science or related field.
Quantitative training in research and statistical methods
- Knowledge of behavior based on ecology.
- Experience in statistical analysis and statistical analysis.
- Programming experience: R, Matlab, Python, PermANOVA, Primer or other relevant.
- Experience in field observations in marine ecosystems and/or biological oceanography
- Peer-reviewed publications should be considered a strong asset
- Previous work experience in a research group is beneficial, as is teaching experience. We are looking for motivated people who can work independently while working well as part of a team in a research and teaching environment. So soft skills are also important.
Applicants must write English language certificates and be able to work around the world.
Benefits for PHD fellowship
Participating in an interesting research project good job opportunities Good educational environment and dedicated colleagues flexible working hours and state collective bargaining agreements and salaries retirement plans from the state pension fund you will find useful information about working and living in Norway
Application apply for PHD fellowship
A statement of personal and scientific interest to obtain a PhD and a detailed description of the possible PhD work concept (total max. 2 pages) must be included in the application.In this assessment, emphasis is placed on the candidate’s ability to carry out research training based on a Master’s thesis or equivalent, as well as other scientific projects.
Job descriptions will also be discussed. In addition, other significant experiences may be taken into account for the completion of the doctoral program. We will also focus on motivation and personal characteristics for the situation.As many people as possible should have access to structured research training. If you already have a PhD or are qualified, we will not select you for this position.